Welcome to the Kinde community.

K
A
A
A
M

Quick question what is and how does

Quick question what is and how does kinde M2M connection work ?
A
I
3 comments
Great question @IkiTg07

Machine to machine (M2M) applications in Kinde facilitate token exchange between systems, applications, and services, including micro-services. They are used for connecting your systems to the Kinde Management API.

Kinde allows you to manage API scopes for your M2M applications, providing granular access control and better security between systems. You can implement custom API scopes to manage data access via M2M tokens, enhancing your security with precise access control.

M2M Token Calculation:
  • An M2M token is generated each time you call the /oauth2/token Kinde API endpoint to retrieve an M2M access token.
  • Re-using the same token for another API request or for calls to other Kinde-registered APIs does not count as a new token.
You can follow the docs here - https://docs.kinde.com/developer-tools/your-apis/test-your-api-m2m-token/#_top
So now my question, because it's still a bit foggy for me is, on the free tier there are 2000 M2M tokens included. I'm using the kinde/management-api-js package inside one of my application. How will it count my M2M token usage ?
Love the questions. You can setup a Backend or M2M App in Kinde and authorize an API to access the management API, by using the Backend you can avoid using your M2M quota
Add a reply
Join